Monday, January 31, 2011

Paint Colors

I'm linking up to the Nester today with my paint colors. I'm so thankful for this linky because I was wanting to blog, but don't have much too post about!
We are battling the sickies at our house! We've passed around the flu and there has also been an ear infection and strep throat!
What a great idea to revisit my favorite paint colors! My favorite wall color ever: Rye Grass #6423
We painted our Master Bedroom in our last house this color and we loved it so much we painted our bedroom in this house the same color. I think it looks great with our white trim and black furniture.
I should be back this week with our finished Master Bedroom and a before and after! (I know you are all hanging on the edge of your seats! Ha!)
This Sherwin Williams Duration paint in Satin is my favorite for walls.
I love Halcyon Green for furniture. It's kind of a Robin's Egg Blue. It looks great with browns.
I painted my bathroom cabinets Antique White from SW.
I love it so much I wish I would have used it in a bigger room! I think I'm going to paint the laundry room that color...I definitely need some comfort in there!

Deciding on paint for the main living areas were tough. A lot of the walls/rooms connect so the colors had to be the same or complimentary.
For the living room and dining room we choose Harmonic Tan. After we got the paint on the walls I loved it, but thought it was a little too dark for the rest of the downstairs. So, we went with SW Netsuke which is 2 shades lighter on the same color strip. If you use colors on the same swatch they will be sure to coordinate. We used Netsuke in the foyer, hall, stairway, kitchen, and family room. You can see the two colors together in the above photo.
You can see more updated photos of these rooms HERE at my Christmas tour.

6 comments:

ReFresh ReStyle said...

Debbie @
Love your house and your colors! I saw you over at The Nester! Thanks for sharing!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

your home is beautiful! thanks for sharing your colors.

Laine said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your home is beautiful. Love all your colors. I've been tossing around using the halcyon green for a piece of furniture. It looks great in your home!

alissa said...

oh, Rye Grass does look like a wonderful color! And perfect for a bedroom. You have a beautiful home! Thanks so much for stopping by.
Alissa

Anonymous said...

It looks like there is a green post and arch in the dining room, I would love to know what color that is. Your home is beautiful, warm and welcoming. Great job!!

destiny said...

Hi! It actually just a shadow in the picture. The lighting isn't that great in there. There is an arch but it's all the same color...harmonic tan. Thanks for your sweet comment!!